Product Manager, Data
Slack is seeking an experienced product manager to lead the development of our data tools and systems. This role owns the strategy, planning, and execution of our internal product analytics framework. The ideal candidate will bring depth of functional (product management) and subject matter (analytics frameworks, growth engineering) experience as well as a proven track record in organizations of varying sizes. The Data Product Manager is responsible for tools, displays, and best practices to help the whole company make the best use of data about our product, customers, and business. The Data PM partners closely with the Analytics and Data Infrastructure teams and interfaces with a wide variety of internal customers: e.g., Execs, Product teams, Marketing teams, Partnerships, Engineering.
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for data/analytics tools and systems.
- Define requirements across Product, Sales, Analytics, Engineering, Native Apps for a suite of data tools and projects. These projects include our internal event logging system, data processing engines, experimentation framework, and data visualization and dashboard tools.
- Match the needs of internal customer groups, including the Slack exec team, product teams, and business and operations teams, with intuitive and actionable data solutions.
- Evangelize the value of data/analytics and help drive a data-informed culture. Numbers are only as good as the way in which they are presented, and the person in this role should have a point of view on how to make our data intelligible and important to the rest of the company.
- 8+ years of overall experience (at least 3+ as a product manager).
- Experience informing product decisions by analyzing event logs and by conducting multivariate, overlapping experiments.
- Strong command of core statistical concepts, including hypothesis testing, the design of experiments, and bootstrapped confidence intervals.
- Familiarity with backend data processing engines like Apache Hive and Apache Spark, interactive SQL query engines like Presto and Impala, and systems for analyzing events in near-real time like Druid and Logstash.
- Experience partnering with engineering and design teams to define, build, and maintain products which are critical to growth, engagement, and retention.
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving.
- Great track record of working with engineering and design teams: people want to work with you again.
- Preferred but not required: experience hiring and managing product managers.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Senior Engineer Integrations
Duretti creates code and corrects bugs for the back-end of Slack’s website and mobile applications. She and her team work hard to keep Slack constantly functioning and up-to-date with new and exciting features.
Back to top