Product Manager, Data
Slack is looking to add an experienced Product Manager to our fast growing data team. In this role, you’ll not only develop our data tools and systems but you’ll also own the planning and execution of our internal data tools and data platform. The ideal person possesses a depth of functional experience in product management and an expertise in analytical frameworks. Coupled with this experience, you have a proven record of success in quickly growing companies and you're ready to be part of a collaborative product team.
Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello.
What you will be doing
- You will drive the strategy and roadmap for data/analytics tools and systems.
- You will define requirements across product, analytics, engineering, and native apps to craft a suite of data tools and projects—including our internal event logging system, data processing engines, experimentation framework, and data visualization and dashboard tools.
- You will uncover the needs of internal customer groups—including Slack's executive team, product teams, and business and operations teams—and couple them with intuitive and actionable data solutions.
- You will emphasize the value of data/analytics and help drive a data-informed culture. You will have the ability to tell a compelling story with this data because numbers are only as good as the way in which they are presented.
What you should have
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams like engineering and analytics to define, build, and maintain products which are essential to growth, engagement, and retention
- Experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with core statistical concepts, including hypothesis testing, the design of experiments, and confidence intervals
- Familiarity with backend data processing engines like Apache Hive and Apache Spark, interactive SQL query engines like Presto and Impala, and systems for analyzing events in near-real time like Druid and Logstash
- A passion for Slack and the problems we are solving
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top