Product Manager, Automation and Tooling
Slack is seeking a product manager to help build best in class automation and tooling as the company scales to serve millions more users in the coming years. This role would be part of the Infrastructure Product Management team. The ideal candidate has had some experience with one or more of the following:
- Orchestration tools (e.g. Terraform)
- Container orchestration
- Monitoring tools
- Build tools (e.g. Jenkins)
Essentially someone who understands what configuration as code means and help guide the roadmap towards greater automation of a system from build to deployment to scaling it.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Develop product strategy and roadmaps for services that power Slack’s tooling and automation as it scales
- Along with engineering leadership, develop appropriate planning, prioritization, and release management processes to enable us to launch these new features rapidly
- Drive superb execution against plan, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and the need for frequent and clear communication internally and with customers
- Partner with Slack’s marketing, sales and support teams to keep the market informed of future releases and ensure the roadmap accounts for customer demand
What you should have
- You are a systems thinker
- Relentless desire and product management experience building and maintaining solutions in the large enterprise space
- Strong technical background and data minded to help develop and measure impact of a solution
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving
- You care deeply about getting the details right in order to ship a best-in-class product
- You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you
- Your writing is clear and effective
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Ariel aims to understand and provide the proper tools for the learning needs of every single employee in the company.
Back to top