Product Design Manager, Core
The Core team is looking experienced Product Design Managers to help build and lead our team. The Core team designs foundational messaging and collaboration features used to move work forward everyday. Our team’s goal is to make the core Slack experience across mobile and desktop one that makes our customers’ working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
Design at Slack serves a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing
- You'll meet regularly with Product Designers to give and gather feedback on project progress, career development, work satisfaction and happiness
- You will help define and drive design hiring goals, including sourcing, screening and interviewing
- Help guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- You will also help ensure that teams and projects are properly staffed, and that work is aligned to a Product Designer’s strengths, interests, and abilities
- Recruit and interview designers, review incoming candidates, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process
What you should have
- Extensive and relevant work experience on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile
- A demonstrable foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience leading design studios, design sprints, team brainstorming and ideation exercises.
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Ariel H.Learning Manager
Ariel aims to understand and provide the proper tools for the learning needs of every single employee in the company.
Back to top