Product Design Manager
We are hiring an experienced Product Design Manager to help build and lead our team. Designers serve a vital role at Slack: from building the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply and speak clearly. We love managers who elevate the health, growth and development of others. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing:
- You'll meet regularly with Product Designers to give and gather feedback on project progress, career development, work satisfaction and happiness.
- You will help define and drive design hiring goals, including sourcing, screening and interviewing.
- Help guide and improve design process.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- You will also help ensure that teams and projects are properly staffed, and that work is balanced for a Product Designer’s ability, desire, and time.
- Recruit and interview new Product Designers, review incoming candidates, and actively improve our design hiring process.
What you should have:
- Extensive and relevant work experience on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- A demonstrable foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation.
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience leading Design Studios, Design Sprints, team brainstorming and ideation exercises.
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Senior Engineer Integrations
Duretti creates code and corrects bugs for the back-end of Slack’s website and mobile applications. She and her team work hard to keep Slack constantly functioning and up-to-date with new and exciting features.
Back to top