Product Data Engineer
Slack is seeking an experienced Product Data Engineer to join the data engineering team. This person would contribute to the vision for data infrastructure and business intelligence tools, work with engineers and data analysts to optimize logging, and establish best practices for table schemas and data storage. The right candidates will have deep technical skills, be comfortable working in and contributing to a nascent data infrastructure, and excited about building a strong data foundation for the company. They will be scrappy, independent, and excited about having a big impact at Slack.
We're looking for Data Engineers to fill roles within all four pillars of Slack’s product teams: Core Product, Enterprise, Platform and Growth.
- Implement and help enforce a cohesive strategy for both logging and ETL pipelines.
- Own core datasets that power analytics and visualizations to support product team decision making.
- Work closely with analysts and product teams to understand current and future data needs.
- Serve as the data expert and own data quality for areas of product ownership.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Find potential opportunities for building new tools to scale and provide self-service solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 3+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 3+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 3+ years experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system.
- 3+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python or Java preferred)
- 3+ years experience in writing SQL statements.
- Ability to analyze data infrastructure to identify opportunities for efficiency and improvements.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to proactively identify data issues and drive to resolution.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Senior Engineer Integrations
Duretti creates code and corrects bugs for the back-end of Slack’s website and mobile applications. She and her team work hard to keep Slack constantly functioning and up-to-date with new and exciting features.
Back to top