Pricing Strategy and Operations Manager
- San Francisco, CA
As the Pricing Strategy and Operations Manager at Slack, you will work on optimizing pricing, discounting and packaging to help accelerate and maximize the efficiency of Slack's go-to-market motion. You will conduct price realization analytics to extract insights and look into competitive benchmarking as well as size Slack's foreign exchange risk. You will collaborate with Finance, Sales Strategy, Product Marketing, Business Development, and other adjacent teams to arrive at recommended frameworks for new product introductions and how to best include them into Slack's existing offerings.
Successful candidates should have a collaborative can-do attitude as well as strong written and oral communications skills. You will need to be comfortable facilitating discussion between senior leaders while also having the confidence and conviction to voice your opinions.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Establish and maintain strategic consistency across Slack’s entire product catalog
- Competitive benchmarking, win/loss analysis, qualitative research (internal and external), price/discount realization analysis, and support for New Product Introductions
- Identify new packaging and/or bundling opportunities to simplify sales motion, increase sales productivity and market penetration
- Define, track and measure pricing KPIs to operationalize decision-making around pricing and packaging
What you should have
- Bachelor degree in business, statistics, economics, or other quantitative disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the enterprise technology industry
- At least 2 years of specific experience with pricing and packaging for software businesses
- Ability to synthesize large data sets and applying analytic frameworks for insights
- Experience working with SQL, relational data and common BI tools
- Advanced knowledge of common statistical packages; R, STATA, SPSS, Pandas
- Preferred prior knowledge of SaaS business models and B2B channel structures as well as prior work experience in management consulting, investment banking, business operations or analytics
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top