People Partner, Engineering
Slack is looking for an exceptional HR People Partner to join our growing People team and support our Engineering teams. We are experiencing rapid growth, so you should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. We are building many programs and processes from scratch and need a team member with a solid foundation of success in doing just that! Sound like you? Are you lovely to work with? Awesome. Come work at Slack!
You will design and implement people strategies and solutions, informed by data, to meet the current and future needs of your Engineering partners. Once ramped up, you will own dedicated client groups, run various people programs, and execute HR administrative tasks as needed.
- Build new and iterate on existing people initiatives and programs, including performance management, recognition, talent planning, mobility, and more!
- Dedicatedly analyze people data across a variety of sources to identify trends, patterns, and areas of opportunity. Work with partners in Benefits, Total Rewards, L&D, D&I, Recruiting, and more to drive impactful people solutions.
- Coach and guide managers and employees on all things people related, including onboarding, benefits, employee relations & investigations, performance, career development, mobility, compensation, etc..
- Serve as a functional People Partner to the Engineering organization, while collaborating with other People team members across the globe
- Handle general employee relations issues and first tier investigations
- Assist with the communication and rollout of updated or new people programs and policies
- Utilize HRIS system to maintain employee data and produce reports.
- Minimum of 3 years of HR/People experience as a People Partner or Generalist
- BA degree strongly preferred
- Experience working with Engineers and/or technical organizations
- Ability to collaborate and proactively communicate across locations
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions
- Proven experience providing business insights to inform people strategy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and come up with creative solutions
- Previous experience supporting a wide range of employees and leaders
- A knack for program management and operational excellence
- Experience with or interest in people analytics
- You use Slack and love emojis
- Experience using Workday software a plus
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top