People Partner - APAC
Slack is looking for a People Partner to join our growing global People Operations team. Our mission is to make the working lives of our employees simpler, more pleasant and more productive. The People Generalist, APAC role will play an integral part in achieving this mission as the subject matter expert & champion of all things “People” for the APAC Region.
We’re keen to hire our first People Generalist for this region. The right person for this role is humble but confident, possesses smart people instincts and is adept at collaborating with others across the globe all with an aim to help us achieve our goal of making employees lives simpler yet productive. Does this sound like you? Come work with us on the People Team at Slack.
What you can expect to be doing (keeping in mind that this role will evolve with our growth):
Perks & Benefits & Policies (oh my!)
- Maintain policies, educate and inform around issues of compliance with local employment laws
- Manage local employee benefits and perks - including educating new employees, owning the enrollment process and coordinating with both internal and external partners (benefits brokers)
- Partner with the HQ-based benefits team on all leave program design and administration
- Support local payroll providers and employees with payroll-related onboarding and questions
- Conduct annual audit of modern awards and ensure all employment agreements and employment-related contracts are up to date and compliant
Employee Experience & Growth
- Provide local orientation in partnership with workplace manager
- Support with coordination of on-site interviews
- Develop and deliver select workshops in partnership with local leadership & the Learning & Development team
- Identify and partner on opportunities to improve the employee experience in APAC
Trusted Advisor & Coach
- Provide sage guidance and coaching to managers and employees on a range of issues, including: career development, performance and separations
- Navigate and support “on the ground” with employee relations matters
- Partner with local teams to host and attend strategic events related to brand-building, networking and recruitment
- Represent our Australian employees across existing and new programs -- reinforce Slack’s desire to be a globally inclusive company
- Assist with the communication and rollout of updated or new people programs and policies
- Act as ambassador and subject matter expert for “all things People” in your region
- Engage with employees to surface and promote unique local programs relevant to the office -- i.e. group lunches, speaker series, affinity groups, etc.
- Support our People Programs, including compensation, feedback, engagement, etc.
- You are a skilled communicator - you proactively and positively communicate with your peers across a matrixed global organization to support, inform, and influence
- You are comfortable owning and leading much of the work for the APAC region - you are part of a broader team, but due to time-zones, you will have a high degree of autonomy
- You are well versed in Australian employment laws & policies and keep a pulse on what’s coming
- You are a skilled facilitator and are comfortable presenting in front of an audience
- You are calm & poised under pressure
- You are self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- You are resilient - if you don’t know the answer, you’ll find it or better yet, craft it yourself and share it
- You have past-experience working on a globally distributed team
- You have experience working with third-party payroll providers and benefits brokers and have a sound working knowledge of both
- You can context switch with ease and don’t shy away from the day-to-day “on the ground” work, or the more strategic work.
- You take a “customer service” focused approach to working with people
- You are committed to your own professional development and demonstrate growth mindset
- You are committed to maintaining a high degree of personal integrity and confidentiality
The Nitty Gritty Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to work effectively on various technical platforms, including HRIS, ATS, etc.
- Japanese language strong plus
Back to top