This is a senior technical operations position. It is based in Melbourne and reports to one of our engineering managers.
Use your extensive knowledge of Linux and your desire to make everything 'just work' to keep a complex, high-volume web-app running optimally.
From tracking statistics and managing alerts to deploying new hosts and debugging intricate production issues, this role requires managing a large and varied infrastructure as it grows. The position also includes building out the appropriate tools to make your own job easier, planning for future platform growth and anything else that comes up.
- A deep and abiding love of Linux. Or a respectful hatred for it. Either way, you'll need to be able to sed/awk/grep like a pro.
- Strong background in deployment automation/configuration management, especially Chef
- Experience with virtualized environments (AWS experience a plus)
- Ability to analyze and optimize performance in high-traffic internet applications
- Fluency with the LAMP stack
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- A familiarity with a wide variety of software development methodologies, tools, languages and approaches
- At least two years operations engineering experience, a large portion of which in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience deploying to EC2
- Experience with Solr
- Solid competency with SQL (ideally in a federated database environment, MySQL a plus) and browser technologies
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems
- Experience in small start-up environments
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top