Manager, Sales Business Operations
Slack is looking for a driven, talented EMEA Sales Business Operations Manager with strong analytical and operational experience to partner with Sales and help build the foundation of our EMEA Sales & Customer Success organization. You will be part of the Finance & Business Operations team with dual responsibilities in support of Regional Sales & Customer Success executive leadership, and HQ Finance and Business Operations leadership. You will be our first Sales Business Operations hire in EMEA at Slack.
As an experienced, smart and scrappy Sales Ops leader, you will help build and support the EMEA Sales & Customer Success go-to-market strategy through forecasting, analysis on business performance and by helping run our EMEA Sales Deal Desk (inspection and approval for non-standard deal terms from our field sales team). You should have experience with and enjoy supporting Sales, driving operational and forecasting processes, managing large and complex data sets, and partnering with a highly cross-functional team (Sales, Business Operations, Corporate Finance, Accounting).
As a member of the Business Operations team, you will help drive new initiatives and make a large, daily impact on our rapidly growing global business. Sound interesting? Come work with us!
- Support our Sales forecasting and planning processes with data and data modeling
- Assist in developing, reporting, and automating key performance metrics, reporting tools, and dashboards to help drive revenue and optimize Sales efficiency
- Help build, maintain, and improve our sales data foundation for EMEA
- Anticipate and align to support account teams business needs in successful execution of deals on a quarterly and annual basis
- Develop strong rapport and serve as key liaison & escalation point for EMEA management team on ELA and complex deal related topics
- Review Sales-proposed quotes, provide feedback and coaching, ensure compliance with policies, and approve or reject/escalate as needed based on policy and business judgment
- Identify inefficiencies, implement solutions, and track progress around Sales commission calculations, productivity, planning, processes, and tools
- Collaborate with HQ team to craft business requirements for our Business Systems team to implement surrounding systems - in particular CRM
- Create Sales coverage models, territory design and related territory policies
- Assist with ad hoc analyses, requests and responsibilities (for Slack’s BOD and other executive requests)
- 6 - 10 years of experience across Sales Strategy & Ops, Consulting, Investment Banking and/or other related fields
- BS in Economics, Finance or quantitative/analytical field
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Proficiency in SQL is strongly preferred
- Positive “can do” attitude and growth mindset
- Aptitude for framing business questions in analytic terms and translating business requirements into helpful datasets and analyses with actionable insights
- Ability to work with, organize, validate, query, and manipulate large data sets within multiple reporting environments
- Experience driving projects from start to finish and leading cross-functional teams
- Comfortable and flexible working in a rapidly changing environment
- Results-driven and self-motivated with the ability to multitask
- Customer service oriented and ability to partner with individuals at all levels
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top