Slack is looking for a pleasant, supportive, and extraordinarily talented law student to join our legal department as a Legal Intern for the Summer of 2017. As our Legal Intern, you will be exposed to various aspects of a thriving technology company’s legal environment, including contract review and negotiation, employment agreements, our intellectual property program, international law considerations, and privacy concerns.
We hope you are ready to:
- Research substantive legal issues relevant for a technology company and platform service provider
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, master subscription agreements, and professional services agreements
- Review and evaluate company policies to ensure we remain proactive in accounting for the rapid developments in technology law
- Create and revise agreement templates for use throughout the organization
- Help identify and develop processes that either don’t exist or that need improvement (we’re not perfect...yet), and work with necessary partners to drive adoption.
- Assist with special projects and initiatives, both domestically and internationally
- Collaborate with the legal team of the fastest growing technology company in history!
- Candidate must be a full-time law student entering his or her 2L or 3L year at a nationally-accredited law school.
- Strong academic record
- Ability to keep a pinky promise (and prove it) by protecting sensitive and confidential information
- Located in (or willing to relocate to) the Bay Area for the Summer of 2017
- Motivated to learn more about technology agreements and the in-house attorney roles at a technology company
- A confident, playful, and positive attitude, and eagerness to chip in wherever and whenever needed
- The ability to work independently and problem solve
- The judgement to identify issues and opportunities, and know when to alert members of the team of these concerns
Back to top