Can you make learning interesting and exciting? Are you an organized trainer who thrives when designing learning? Do you love a challenge? We want to talk to you!
Slack is looking for a Learning Specialist to support our recruiting and people ops teams. This will include identifying training needs, producing documentation and training plans, creating a wide variety of training materials, and delivering training. With Slack being globally distributed, the internal training program will need to be relevant and useful across many time zones. This means seamlessly blending classroom-based training with self- driven learning materials and excellent documentation.
For this role, we’re looking for a commanding instructional designer with outstanding communication skills and an ardent love of learning new things. This position reports to the Director of Learning.
- Develop a range of training materials that are both innovative and effective
- Oversee development of an internal training repository for recruiting and people ops
- Work with internal teams where training is required for new projects and initiatives
- Assist in development of the onboarding experience for new staff in recruiting and people ops
- Proactively identify areas where training effort is required at Slack
- Measure learning and constantly report on the efficacy of the program
- Be a learning design advocate: Help others on our team contribute to deepening our shared knowledge, and help drive team-wide adoption of best practices for learning and instructional design.
- You have substantial experience writing, managing, and facilitating curriculum in both in-person and online spaces. You know how to do it well.
- You’re a strong, confident, and exacting instructional designer. You know which protocols to use to ensure that people learn effectively.
- You are also a discerning editor. You know exactly how to make a learning experience as short as possible. Who wants to attend long, boring meetings?!
- You’re naturally curious, love learning new things, and are proactive in sharing knowledge with others.
- You’re highly organized and adept in creating strategies for maintaining lots of content.
- You possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- You know when something is over your head and aren’t afraid to ask for help.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Senior Engineer Integrations
Duretti creates code and corrects bugs for the back-end of Slack’s website and mobile applications. She and her team work hard to keep Slack constantly functioning and up-to-date with new and exciting features.
Back to top