Can you make learning interesting and exciting? Are you an organized trainer who thrives when designing learning? Do you love a challenge? We want to talk to you!
Slack is looking for a Learning Specialist to support our learning programs. This will include identifying training needs, producing documentation and training plans, creating a wide variety of training materials, and delivering training. With Slack being globally distributed, the internal training program will need to be relevant and useful across many time zones. This means seamlessly blending classroom-based training with self- driven learning materials and excellent documentation.
For this role, we’re looking for a commanding instructional designer with outstanding communication skills and an ardent love of learning new things. This position reports to the Learning Manager.
- Develop a range of training materials that are both innovative and effective
- Oversee development of an internal training repository
- Work with internal teams where training is required for new projects and initiatives
- Assist in development of the onboarding experience for new staff
- Proactively identify areas where training effort is required at Slack
- Measure learning and constantly report on the efficacy of the program
- Be a learning design advocate: Help others on our team contribute to deepening our shared knowledge, and help drive team-wide adoption of best practices for learning and instructional design.
- You have substantial experience writing, managing, and facilitating curriculum in both in-person and online spaces. You know how to do it well.
- You’re an engaging facilitator and you love connecting with a room full of learners.
- You’re a strong, confident, and exacting instructional designer. You know which protocols to use to ensure that people learn effectively.
- You are also a discerning editor. You know exactly how to make a learning experience as short as possible. Who wants to attend long, boring meetings?!
- You’re naturally curious, love learning new things, and are proactive in sharing knowledge with others.
- You’re highly organized and adept in creating strategies for maintaining lots of content.
- You possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- You know when something is over your head and aren’t afraid to ask for help.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top