Lead Product Designer
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to help design the future of Slack apps. Just like Slack connects people, apps connect teams with all the tools they need to make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
Designers serve a vital role here: from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing
- You’ll work with the Platform Team to build and grow the Slack app ecosystem. This includes:
- Creating new app experience components and interaction standards for desktop and mobile
- Improving the developer experience
- Enhancing our Slack App Directory
- You'll drive the design vision and strategy for our Slack App Platform, along with Design and Product Leadership.
- You’ll work closely with designers across product teams to improve design systems and ensure craftsmanship.
- You’ll guide, improve, and implement design process.
- Be an active and available craft mentor for other designers, and help to lead critique, design reviews, quarterly planning, and sprint planning.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Recruit and interview new Product Designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process.
What you should have
- 5+ years of extensive experience in a leading individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and idea generation.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Extensive experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top