IT Change Management & Communications Leader
The IT Change Management and Communications Leader is responsible for overseeing the direction and development of all IT related change management and communication programs under the VP of Information Technology at Slack. This role will work with a variety of stakeholders, including the IT leadership team, Slack Corp Communications, various business units, and other stakeholders, to develop a unified change management and communications strategy.
- Develops and implements strategies and programs to communicate the Slack’s IT business objectives, culture and values to its employees within the context of overall brand tonality and style.
- Plays a key role in ‘Slack-on-Slack’ initiatives – identifying key use cases and the associated human factors, where we can deliver a simpler, more pleasant and productive experience through Slack.
- Applies a structured methodology and leads IT change management activities
- Identifies and manages the engagement of Stakeholders and Leaders who need to drive sponsorship and adoption
- Identifies and monitors key adoption metrics for key applications
- Conducts “change management and engagement” workshops and meetings
- Partners with the IT Leadership team, Corporate Communications and other internal teams to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate strategic internal communications.
- Designs, edits and oversees distribution of internal IT communication materials via Slack (company newsletters, videos, employee meetings, and other communications channels).
- Aids in the preparation of all-hands meetings, roadshows, and other critical events focused on IT initiatives.
- Provides guidance to the VP IT and IT leadership team regarding corporate announcements on IT topics.
- Partners closely with the Problem and Incident Management Team to ensure business partners are notified timely and often during major incidents.
- Builds framework for IT communications, including templates and manager communication tools.
- Ten or more years’ experience in the planning, design and deployment of change management and communication initiatives within an IT or similar technical function.
- Comfortable working with C-suite executives and engaging with all levels of the organization to identify and understand communication needs
- Ability to impact organizational change with effective, timely and targeted messaging
- Creative writer with the ability to develop both written and visual content for multiple audiences
- Experience with understanding and communicating change management initiatives.
- Possess strong judgment and interpersonal skills to be able to work with highly confidential information.
- Flexible and adaptive to the changing priorities of a fast paced environment.
- Accountable for meeting tight deadlines and possess a sense of urgency.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Able to think strategically and to incorporate multiple, sometimes differing inputs to achieve best messaging/positioning.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top