International Financial Controller
Slack is looking for an experienced, driven and hands-on International Controller to be a key leader in the global finance team. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional who thrives on building companies and enjoys working in an exciting and evolving environment. As a member of the Business Operations team, you will have the opportunity to help drive new initiatives and support our rapidly growing global organization! Sound interesting? Come work at Slack, we’re nice!
- Direct the finance department’s international operations for statement preparation, internal controls and reviews, and financial standards.
- Oversee the international close process for all subsidiaries and prepare monthly reporting packages for management.
- Work closely with the EMEA operational team in order to ensure that strategic goals are being achieved and to provide financial support.
- Management of external audits to ensure all deadlines are met and financial statements are timely and accurate.
- Initiates, reviews, and implements process improvements to the accounting close process to increase operational efficiencies while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the underlying accounting records
- Maintain internal control environment to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures for general accounting operations
- Management of all local country compliance (including statutory audits, financial statements completion, VAT, Corporate Tax, etc) ensuring all filings and payments are made timely.
- 10+ years experience including both operational accounting and international reporting
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant license
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, initiative and creativity - with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across organisations and across geographies, as well as develop and motivate staff
- Experience managing outsourced accounting operations models
- Knowledge of technical IFRS and GAAP reporting requirements required
- Have an in-depth knowledge of tax and VAT regulatory requirements as well as managing tax structures.
- Experience working with high-growth companies in the tech sector desired
- Proven experience developing and managing people within the organisation across multiple functional areas
- Experience overseeing revenue processes is a plus
- Experience with Workday Financials is a plus
- Experience with CRMs such as Salesforce.com a plus
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top