Head of Sales, Germany
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by tens of thousands of teams and millions of users every day.
We are now launching our sales office for Germany, and are looking to hire our Head of Sales, which will be based in Munich. We are looking for candidates who have the enthusiasm, talent and experience to help drive our next level of growth in the German-speaking market. This role will be a vital part of Slack’s management team and will lead the go-to-market strategy and execution for our enterprise customers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
Slack is looking for an inspirational, strategic leader, who has an outstanding track record in enterprise software sales, can communicate effectively across multiple departments, and enjoys building and scaling teams at pace.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to join in the early stages of a rapidly growing technology startup!
- Hire and build a team that wins together, has fun and lives the Slack values
- Manage and coach a team Account Executive and Large Account Executives so that each account executive can succeed
- You will understand your team's roles, processes, and paths to success and help define this within the sales organization.
- Develop and revise Slack’s sales strategy for the German market
- Prioritise where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Drive the team towards key performance metrics and goals
- Help define the key value propositions we pitch to customers
- Monitor and identify sales challenges for the team and customers
- Collect and summarise sales challenges from customers and account executives
- Manage the team to effectively present Slack’s value proposition in the market
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with other internal teams to ensure we are driving sales and deals
- 10+ years of direct sales experience, preferably within a SaaS organization
- 4+ years of management experience, preferably within a SaaS organization
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Strong track record of identifying and understanding customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Local market expertise and a network of connections to candidates, customers, partners and key stakeholders within the local market
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fluent German and English
Back to top