Head of Product & Platform Analytics
Slack’s mission is to make people’s work lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We do this by incorporating customer insights from Slack’s Research and Analytics team into all stages of product development, growth strategy, sales and customer success programs.
Slack’s Research & Analytics team is looking for an experienced leader to manage the Product & Platform Analytics team. This person will be based full-time in San Francisco. The role will be responsible for both building and leading a high-performing team, and also delivering a crisp data narrative around our customers and product usage. Success requires analytical savvy, problem-solving sophistication, a willingness to roll up your sleeves and a dedication to make the highest impact possible. We are looking for someone that can think on their feet and thrives in a dynamic environment. We are a lean team, which will provide you opportunities to present directly to our senior leadership team. Your impact will be felt immediately! Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello.
- Set a compelling vision and prioritize work based on business partner objectives and overall goals
- Lead a high-performing, high-throughput team of talented Analysts, while driving professional development goals of the team
- Work as part of the Research & Analytics leadership team to create a shared vision and roadmap for insights at Slack
- Partner closely with our Product leadership team to influence planning and prioritization
- Synthesize business insights and communicate a data narrative around product usage, tying this into the overall Slack strategy
- Work with the team to manage the end-to-end process: scope projects, build pipelines and datasets, synthesize results, craft automated dashboards/bots, and communicate an informed recommendation. Jump in when needed!
- Build partnership and alignment with our data cross-functional partners, including Data Engineering and Business Intelligence, to author and develop core data sets and empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Play an active role in building a best-in-class team, with a responsibility to contribute best practices and serve as a role model
- Communicate solutions confidently and effectively across Slack
We strive to build a culture that stabilizes our values and have high standards of execution. We require someone who can:
- Be humble, hardworking and collaborative in order to connect with the team and throughout the business
- Remain focused while working across a wide variety of projects
- Simplify huge data sets, complex problems and extract insights with frameworks and analyses
- 8+ years of data analytics work experience and 2+ years of management experience
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Ability to build clear and concise presentations, and communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading teams to resolve these issues
- Experience writing SQL queries and working with large data sets
- Strong project management skills
- BA/BS degree. Graduate degree a plus
- You use Slack and love emojis
- Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, etc.
Back to top