Head of Customer Success, Americas
The Head of Customer Success, Americas is a vital part of the management team for Slack’s broader sales organization. This role leads the strategy and execution for our customer success team to ensure the successful adoption and use of Slack across our customer base in the AMER market. This role focuses primarily on driving success within our large customer segment (Enterprise) but they will advise and consult the small and medium customer segment (SMB). The focus of this role is to be a coach and strategic planner for a team of customer success managers (CSMs). Another key part of this role is meeting and engaging with our customers and key executives within our customer base.
The candidate will understand their customer success managers’ roles, processes and paths to success and help define this within the broader sales organization. They will also work with our strategic customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted consultant and advisor to use Slack most effectively. At a team level, they will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align customer adoption with our product roadmap. The candidate will ensure their team successfully drives forward Slack’s key performance metrics. Additionally, they will work effectively and collaboratively with other managers and leaders across the broader sales organization to drive success for both customers and Slack.
This role needs to communicate effectively across multiple departments, have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoys the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to join in the early stages of a rapidly growing technology startup.
- Manage the Customer Success team so each customer success manager can succeed
- Coach, train and develop a team of customer success managers
- Build a team that wins, has fun and lives the Slack values
- Develop a customer success strategy for the AMER market
- Prioritize where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Drive the team towards key performance metrics
- Prepare and educate your team and customers on new features and releases
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends (successes and issues) for the team and customers
- Collect and summarize feedback from customer success managers
- Manage the team to conduct periodic customer health-checks and review customer health scores with an emphasis on customers’ success with Slack
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Accounts and other internal teams to ensure customer success with special emphasis on adoption, expansion and renewals
- 8+ years of customer success experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- 5+ years of management experience preferably within a SaaS organization
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Strong track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing long-term software solutions
- Strong track record of defining and executing against key performance indicators
- Ability to build trust and rapport with a customer success team
- Ability to challenge team members and be challenged to achieve team goals
- Proactive interest to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, on-site with customers
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top