Front End Infrastructure & Performance Engineer
People love working on Slack — it is a complex web application used by millions of people for hours or even days at a time. Our engineering team is tasked with keeping it fast and reliable, and maintaining the systems that the rest of our frontend team uses to build their features.
Our work depends on working closely with other teams at Slack, so communication and collaboration skills are a must. This is an opportunity to work on a small team that directly affects how Slack’s desktop web client is built.
This position is based in San Francisco and reports to one of our engineering managers.
- You know your way around the performance profiling and debugging tools in your web browser of choice.
- You’re up to speed with WebSockets, Fetch, Promises, ES6, and beyond.
- You’ve worked with React (or at least understand why it’s important). Familiarity with Redux and Lodash will also come in handy.
- You’ve been working with front end frameworks and libraries professionally for 5+ years (and having built or contributed to some is a big plus.)
- Diving into a new system to understand mysterious behavior excites you.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- You are a strong communicator and are equally comfortable talking with your immediate team, other frontend engineers, or even backend infrastructure engineers.
- You are ready to learn, but just as excited to teach.
- You understand that the perfect solution is informed by the people who will be building on your work, rather than being purely dependent on technical merits. Empathy is a feature.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top