Engineering Manager - Quality
Slack is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our growing team. A qualified candidate would appreciate the importance of manual testing and have experience creating a strategy, building a team and ensuring a high-quality application.
- Ensure full quality coverage within your area of ownership: organize, coordinate, assign responsibilities; report audit results; work with third party test vendors
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities
- Monitor the coverage and quality of the test cases that make up our robust suite
- Conduct weekly 1:1 meetings with the QA team on topics ranging from project progress and internal process to career development and general happiness
- Participate in and/or facilitate team meetings to assess workload, estimates, and team health
- Set and fulfill QA hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Collaborate with cross-functional QA managers, implement effective quality processes and policies
- Cooperate with Product and Development to prioritize bug fixes, maintain the bug list and tracking/reporting of metrics.
- Facilitate setting and achieving quarterly goals
- Ability to champion quality practices within a team or within the organization
- Leadership skills with a proven track record as manager, team lead or mentor
- Strong organizational and time management skills. This role necessitates solid project management skills
- Familiarity with usability, accessibility, and localization testing
- Experience with bug tracking, project management and continuous integration tools
- Improvisation and flexibility. Standard QA processes won’t always work at Slack. Bring your bag of tricks
- This is a communication heavy role. You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have five offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne and New York.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top