Engineering Manager - Native Clients Infrastructure
Slack is looking for an engineering manager to help lead the client infrastructure team, supporting our native desktop and mobile apps. Your team will be responsible for building, integrating and maintaining the libraries and services that our native clients will rely on to share business logic. You will report to the Director of Engineering for Native Clients and will work alongside our engineering management team.
- Leading the engineering efforts to develop and integrate new shared libraries and services supporting all our iOS, Android, Windows Phone mobile apps and our Windows, Linux and Mac desktop applications
- Working closely with project managers and engineers across a variety of engineering teams to collect and prioritize requests and defects
- Driving the integrations on these platforms
- Providing documentation and guidelines on how the other engineering teams should best use this shared infrastructure
- Helping set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings
- Meeting with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events
- You have several years of serving in an engineering management role.
- You have experience working with many cross-functional stakeholders to drive complex projects forward.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
We look forward to working with you!
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top