Engineering Manager - iOS
Slack is looking for an engineering manager to help lead the iOS engineering team. This team is responsible for building an amazing Slack experience on the iOS platform.
- Meet regularly with the engineers on the iOS team in order to gather feedback from them on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings, effectively communicating the available platform features and constraints of the desktop.
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events.
- You'll have several years of serving in an engineering management role.
- You have experience shipping iOS applications and you are up to date on the current state of the development ecosystem.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
Back to top