Engineering Manager - Android Quality
Slack is looking for an experienced, skilled Quality Assurance Manager to join our fast growing organization. This is an excellent position for a seasoned manager that appreciates the importance of manual testing, creating a strategy, building a team, and designing a high quality application.
You will be responsible for
- Leading a small team of 5-7 Quality Engineers and providing mentorship, advising on career growth opportunities, and actively identifying process improvements.
- Monitoring coverage and quality of the test cases that make up our robust suite.
- Managing and balancing information, priorities, and tasks across a wide range of product/feature areas.
- Assisting with release train planning and working with our Product teams to prioritize features.
- Being a reliable and friendly source of early feedback on new functionality and feature changes.
Your typical week might include
- Participating in and/or leading team meetings to assess workload, estimates, and team health.
- Conducting weekly 1:1 meetings with the QA team on topics ranging from project progress and internal process to career development and general happiness.
- Working with your team, developers, and product managers to understand upcoming features, feature priorities, and how to provide the best coverage.
- Collaborating with your iOS counterpart on shared test plans and test cases.
Things we believe are important for this role
- You have been successful doing hands on QA.
- You have several years of serving in an engineering management role.
- You are well organized and can manage time effectively, monitor team progress, and keep an eye on the release train without losing sight of the details.
- Your track record as a leader is strong and you know how to mentor and help your team grow in their careers.
- You have experience with usability, accessibility, and localization testing and can champion quality practices within your team or the organization.
- You can collaborate closely with Engineering to isolate and reproduce defects across all parts of the system and identify gaps in coverage.
- You can work with Product and Development teams to prioritize bug fixes, maintain the bug list, and own tracking/reporting of metrics.
- You possess the ability to think creatively and approach the Slack client from multiple user perspectives, with sensitivity towards pain points that could represent loss of a team or user (whether it’s an actual bug or not).
- You can improvise and are flexible - standard QA processes won’t always work at Slack.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top