Engineer - Desktop Quality
Slack is looking for an experienced and skilled Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. This is an excellent position for people who enjoy working on the full cycle of manual testing — crafting a strategy, writing a plan, building and executing tests, finding regressions, logging and verifying bugs, and creating comprehensive historical records of testing activities are all part of being successful in this position.
Product development at Slack is split into small teams of engineers, designers, and product managers working together on features. As a Quality Engineer at Slack, you would become a full-time member of one of these small teams, focusing on just one or two projects at a time so that we have a solid and well-executed test strategy before launching new features to the public.
- Partner with engineering, design, product management, project management, customer experience, and other QA to design, own, and deliver on test plans for the Desktop client.
- Develop and maintain a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features.
- Design and execute regression test plans on an ongoing basis — Slack changes frequently and rapidly.
- Be a reliable, friendly, and non-judgemental source of early feedback on new functionality and feature changes.
- Work with members of the Customer Experience team to ensure that testing is complete and thorough before launching
- Provide immediate feedback to software developers and work with them to improve the product.
- Work with Engineering to isolate and reproduce defects across all parts of the system and identify gaps in coverage.
- Own the issues in your area of the code, triage and manage issues in our issues tracking tool.
- Become the voice of Quality for the Desktop client
- Experience working in similar role.
- Experience with usability and accessibility testing and you love it.
- Experience testing Enterprise software, SSO, 2FA, and virtual machines.
- Familiarity with Jenkins and Github.
- Experience with testing Mac and Windows desktops is a plus
- Organizational skills to capture and record detailed and accurate information about bugs and systemic issues.
- Ability to think creatively and approach the Slack client from multiple users’ perspectives, sensitivity towards pain points that could represent loss of a team or user (whether it’s an actual bug or not).
- Improvisation and flexibility. We operate differently than other teams. Standard QA processes won’t always work at Slack. Bring your bag of tricks.
- Because this is a communication heavy role, English fluency is a requirement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Senior Engineer Integrations
Duretti creates code and corrects bugs for the back-end of Slack’s website and mobile applications. She and her team work hard to keep Slack constantly functioning and up-to-date with new and exciting features.
Back to top