Engineer - Data Analytics
Love math, statistics, AND programming? Join Slack and build analytics tools that power decision making across the company.
A few of our current priorities include creating a custom framework for analyzing A/B tests, developing pipelines to measure ad performance, and building tools to help analysts turn SQL queries into ready-to-share dashboards. However, Slack is growing quickly and you should look forward to contributing towards a wide range of projects.
Whatever tasks you end up taking on, you will have the opportunity to work with a skilled team of analysts as well as the flexibility to manage your own projects from design to launch. Your work will be used by engineers and product managers across the company, and you will help build a foundation for analytics at Slack.
- You have a good understanding of math and statistics. Explaining statistical concepts to engineers, analysts, and product managers is no problem for you either.
- You can apply your statistical knowledge to the frameworks and tools you build, taking appropriate precautions for the messiness of the real world and guiding your colleagues towards correct decisions.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Familiarity with product analytics, whether exploring patterns in user behavior, defining key metrics, or using data to inform the direction of product team roadmaps.
- Understanding of web technologies and a basic knowledge of the many steps it takes for you to see this very job posting on your computer or phone.
- Experience with distributed data processing tools (Hive, Presto, or Spark).
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Senior Engineer Integrations
Duretti creates code and corrects bugs for the back-end of Slack’s website and mobile applications. She and her team work hard to keep Slack constantly functioning and up-to-date with new and exciting features.
Back to top