As part of our Sales and Customer Success team, Engagement Managers work with our largest and most strategic customers to position, scope and oversee the delivery of services that accelerate the deployment and adoption of Slack.
Engaging early in the Sales cycle with key customer stakeholders (including the C suite), Engagement Managers are responsible for effectively articulating and positioning the value of Slack’s services methodology and approach.
A key responsibility is conducting discovery sessions with customers in order to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements, translating these into an overall project plan and Statement of Work (SoW) that aligns with the customer’s goals, mitigates risk and details the scope, estimated timeline, resources, deliverables and cost.
Engagement Managers assemble and lead the project delivery team through to “go-live”, owning and driving the project plan, establishing a suitable governance structure, managing and scheduling delivery resources together with stakeholder and issue management and escalation.
- Lead pre-sales services efforts with multiple customers
- Conduct detailed requirements scoping
- Own Project plan and Statement of Work creation
- Manage project delivery resources according to plan
- Ensure deliverables are completed on schedule and milestones are met
- Ensure delivery against plan, budget, time and cost
- Manage scope change requests appropriately
- Own stakeholder management and engagement communications
- Resolve project delivery issues in a timely fashion
- 5+ years engagement/project management experience (preferably in a SaaS Software environment)
- Excellent consultative and communication skills
- Strong business development & sales experience (ideally in a Services environment)
- A track record of high customer satisfaction
- Experienced with change management and adoption methodologies
- Project Management Certification preferred
- Motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty
- Prove experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Bachelor’s Degree
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Director, Application Engineering
Joann is responsible for running a team of eight Slack Application Engineers. She works hard to support them in their positions and career trajectories and ensures that they have everything they need to build awesome products.
Back to top