Slack is looking for a wordsmith and grammar champion who can take product education, sales enablement, and customer acquisition content from great to amazing. You have perfectionist attention to detail and a commitment to upholding Slack’s unique style, tone and voice. You’re a versatile editor who can be the arbiter of quality for everything from the structure of a narrative blog post to the clarity of the core message in a marketing piece. We’re a growing, creative, experimental team that is taking on new and exciting projects. You’re the person who is eager to be part of a team that is taking Slack’s award-winning content to the next level.
- Maintain the development and quality control for Slack’s content output, including SlackHQ blog posts, customer stories, case studies, ebooks & guides, website pages and magazine-style pieces relevant to Slack’s mission.
- Be a gatekeeper for Slack style, voice and tone guidelines across content channels, doing whatever it takes — from structural to line edits — to make stories the best they can be
- Work closely with the Content Group Manager to develop strategies that align content with campaigns and other business goals, in addition to working with the Managing Editor on assignments, freelancer sourcing, and content production.
- Work closely with the Product Marketing and Customer Acquisition teams to refine narratives and messaging.
- Guide in-house and freelance writers to learn, adopt, and implement guidelines of brand style, voice, and tone.
- Work with in-house and freelance writers to develop stories and drive them to completion.
- Regularly lookout for new themes and series.
- At least three years of experience in a hands-on editing capacity at a publication or content department.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into accessible, human language.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit complex content that is clear, concise, and human.
- Exceptional communication, prioritization, and time management skills
- Experience working cross-functionally, especially across marketing disciplines, sales, design, and product.
- Demonstrated record of successfully shipping high-quality projects with independence and confidence
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top