Director of Security Engineering
- Managing the engineers who are responsible for black-box penetration testing, bug bounty, SDL, and feature reviews.
- Helping set and fulfill the hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Develop, coach and grow security engineers
- Represent the team in planning and product decisions
- Align the team with security- and company-wide goals
- Implement effective security strategy, processes and metrics, both as a team and working in partnership with other teams
- Represent Slack security and management in industry events
- Participate in our incident response and vulnerability remediation efforts
- Help implement application security tools and develop new automation and tooling
- You have several years of serving in either a security management role or a senior security leadership role.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several, often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company.
- You have experience identifying and protecting against web application and web service security vulnerabilities including those found in the OWASP Top 10.
- You have familiarity with common web application testing tools (Burp Suite, etc)
- You possess strong knowledge of the browser security model, crypto, and network security.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Back to top