Director of Product Design, Enterprise
Slack is hiring a Director of Product Design to lead the Enterprise Design team. On Enterprise, we build the features and services that help our largest customers use, expand, administrate and secure their organizations at scale.
Our Product Design team serves a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing
- You'll report to the Head of Product Design, and work closely with Product, Design and Engineering leadership peers across company.
- You'll drive the design vision and strategy for Enterprise Design, which includes Team Management, Identity and Security, and Enterprise Growth.
- You'll build, lead and mentor a team of Designers and Managers in service of the Enterprise team’s mission and goals.
- You’ll lead design critique, design reviews, quarterly planning, quarterly business reviews, and design sprint planning.
- You’ll also help ensure that teams and projects are properly staffed, and that work is balanced for the team’s ability, desire, and time.
- You’ll partner with product and engineering leadership to represent the design team, lead design initiatives, and provide feedback in planning and product channels.
- Recruit, interview, and hire Designers and Design Managers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process
What you should have
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership management role, responsible for both senior individual contributors, and managers
- Extensive and relevant work experience leading and growing a high-performing Product Design team, as part of a product-oriented software company
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience closely partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices
- Comfort with ambiguity and grace under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Back to top