Director of Product Analytics
Slack is hiring a Director of Product Analytics in San Francisco to oversee all of our Product Analytics and Data Science efforts. You will be part of the broader Research and Analytics team responsible for empowering the organization to make data-informed decisions. You will partner closely with leaders in Research and Analytics, working together to understand the how and why of people, team and company challenges, workflows and culture. Your team is responsible for delivering data and insights that drive decision making, execution and investments for our product initiatives.
You will work cross-functionally with product, design and engineering, enabling them with data and narratives about the customer journey. You’ll also work closely with other data teams, such as data engineering and business technology, to ensure we are creating a strong data culture at Slack that enables our cross-functional partners to be more data-informed.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You’ll build, lead and mentor a high-performing team of analysts and managers
- You’ll drive the vision and strategy for product analytics at Slack
- You’ll partner closely with Product, Engineering and Design leadership to understand the role of Data and how we can drive impact throughout the product development process
- You’ll help define and build a strong data culture at Slack by working cross-functionally with data leadership
- You’ll be a strong advocate for the team, and represent their needs and challenges with cross-functional leadership
- You’ll work closely with Research and Analytics leadership to answer important questions about our customers, our product and the business
- You’ll transform the culture internally by enabling cross-functional partners to do more with data
- You’ll partner closely with our Product leadership team to influence planning and prioritization
- You’ll be able to confidently tell the story of Slack through data
- You’ll deeply understand the business and proactively spot risks and opportunities
What you should have
- 10+ years of experience in a management role, responsible for both senior individual contributors and managers
- Extensive and relevant work experience leading and growing a high-performing Product Analytics team
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Strong storyteller and ability to communicate effectively with managers and executives
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices
- Comfort with ambiguity and grace under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BONUS: You use Slack and love emojis
- BONUS: Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- BONUS: Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, etc.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top