Director, Marketing Operations
- San Francisco, CA
Slack is seeking a Director of Marketing Operations to lead the development of scalable processes and programs to empower the marketing team to drive results. This is a highly cross functional role requiring both strategic and tactical execution, strong program management, and the ability to build and lead a team. You have developed processes for high growth marketing organizations with exceptional problem-solving skills and an ability to work closely with marketing, sales, and technical stakeholders. You are a growth driver, someone who not only supports the needs of the team, but a person who thrives on identifying and chasing opportunities to accelerate the business.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Identify, design, and execute new processes that enable marketers to be more effective in their day to day work, including executional excellence in data reliability, list uploads, campaign analysis, etc.
- Partner with IT to select and set up key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) used to generate, distribute, and report on pipeline growth
- Enable marketers to operate campaigns from inception → execution → measurement, with appropriate guardrails and systems for approvals
- Monitor and report on the effective flow of data through our systems, programs, and processes
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management
- Create and maintain global dashboards to report on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database in partnership with operations and analytics teams
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance
- Ensure no lead left behind: Together with Sales ops, manage and optimise lead management including lead scoring, routing and efficient handovers to Sales
What you should have
- 10+ years experience in marketing / operations / analytics / bizops or other quantitative roles
- Experience managing Marketing Ops process including lead management, database management, segmentation, and field mapping
- Works well with Sales Ops and Marketers to define and implement projects and campaigns
- Strong analytical skills. Loves working with data. Strong SQL skills desired
- Proficiency in marketing automation systems (like Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot) and integrating those systems with other technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
- Experience building a new function, including hiring and managing a team
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top