Developer Relations Summer 2019 Intern
Slack is looking for interns to work alongside our Developer Relations team for the summer of 2019. These internships are a unique opportunity for someone pursuing a BS, MS, MBA or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent, who wishes to gain hands-on experience in a startup setting. We are looking for candidates who have a strong engineering background, and who are interested in exploring career opportunities beyond the usual engineering paths. Developer advocacy requires people with highly technical backgrounds who can also communicate and empathize with other developers building on the Slack Platform. This role would appeal to someone who likes engineering, but who wants to exercise their people skills as well.
You will have the opportunity to work with a small, collaborative team, and will be paired with one of our developer advocate engineers, who will act as your mentor throughout the course of the program. As a developer advocate intern, you will help build our open source SDKs and other developer tools, and get to know our developer community by attending meetups and giving talks. You will also represent their interests internally, sharing feedback with our product and engineering teams.
- Strong general engineering background
- Experience with backend technologies (e.g. PHP, Node.js, Rails)
- Working knowledge of how HTTP, the web, and web APIs work
- Willingness to speak publicly; you aren't shy of other people
- Excellent communication skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand
- Self-awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- A curiosity about how things work
- An eagerness to jump in and help fix things
- Must be graduating December 2019 or later
Back to top