Developer Advocacy Engineer
You: Love code, and also love people. We: Write tools to make our developers' lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
The Developer Relations team is looking for engineers to support and grow our developer ecosystem by creating open-source tools, SDKs, and samples that make it simple and delightful to use Slack's platform. In this role, you'll work closely with the Platform Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams to scope, build, and release products that enhance developer experience on our platform.
As part of the Developer Relations team, you'll also spend substantial time interacting with our developers online and in person; we value open dialogue and keep an open Platform roadmap. Join us to help build a community and products together.
- Build and maintain developer SDKs that highlight best practices and useful techniques, including thoughtful documentation and examples.
- Improve the experience on our developer website, including writing web-based tools to make developers' jobs easier.
- Assist adoption of new features through both code and conversation, while also gathering developer feedback on existing and potential future Platform features.
- Work with Platform Product and Engineering teams on behalf of developers to improve the Platform directly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for helping other people generally, and developers specifically, as well as for Slack itself.
- 4+ years of engineering experience
- Experience in developer relations, or other customer-facing roles
- Python and/or Node.js experience
- Experience developing platforms, SDKs, or developer tools
- Track record of open source contributions and community involvement a plus
- Experience working on cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top