Customer Success Manager
Our Customer Success team advises and guides a wide variety of customers, ensuring they launch Slack successfully, adopt it widely and are continually driving business value from Slack.
CSMs are entrusted with some of Slack’s largest and most strategic customers, working with stakeholders across all parts of the business and at all levels (including the C-suite), to drive increased adoption of Slack and to improve the overall quality and maturity of its use.
A major area of responsibility for CSM’s is helping customers structure and manage company wide Slack deployments, coaching the customer’s project team on Slack’s deployment methodology, and helping them to develop an appropriate change management strategy that maximizes adoption, self sufficiency and business value.
Working closely with Slack’s Account Executives and Solutions Engineers, CSMs also structure and run proof of concepts with prospective customers, identifying, developing and launching key business uses with success criteria that demonstrate the value of Slack.
Part coach, project manager, business consultant and product expert, our Customer Success Managers are continually focused on helping some Slack’s largest customers improve their team communication and to be successful with Slack.
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience, putting customers’ needs first.
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement (including on site meetings) with a focus on customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Conduct workshops, business reviews and proactively suggest solutions to common customer challenges.
- Continually identify and develop new uses for Slack that drive adoption and that align to customers’ business needs and strategic goals.
- Proactively spot and correct any issues that could affect customer satisfaction or retention
- Coach customers to be product experts and train their teams on Slack best practices so they become increasingly self sufficient.
- Mentor and provide guidance to newer CSMs and partner with Slack’s Account Executives to help them be more effective.
- Partner closely with other cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers.
- Develop Customer Success assets and methods, and work with product marketing to create new or refine existing onboarding materials.
- Help drive customer references and case studies.
- 3+ years relevant work experience in a customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization. SaaS experience a benefit.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proven experience building strong internal and external relationships.
- Proven track record in a highly-professional customer service in a dynamic, start-up environment.
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Senior Engineer Integrations
Duretti creates code and corrects bugs for the back-end of Slack’s website and mobile applications. She and her team work hard to keep Slack constantly functioning and up-to-date with new and exciting features.
Back to top