Customer Experience Operations Lead
Slack's global CE-Operations crew is essential in helping build and maintain an effective Customer Experience team. The Operations Lead is a key part of this crew, acting as a thermometer for how our systems are working on the ground in each of our major regions. Adept at spotting areas for improvement, you jump at any opportunity to make your colleagues working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
The Operations Lead collaborates closely with the Head of Operations in SF to recommend and lead projects aimed at improving their regional team's workflows, tools, communication systems, learning programs, and performance. They stay actively involved in our front-line ticketing work in their region, spending roughly 20% time answering tickets and/or Tweets.
- Is the go-to point person for all questions and concerns about our tools and processes in their region.
- Takes an active role in leading team meetings and training sessions in their region.
- Helps to monitor and boost efficiency on the team as we scale.
- Ensures that team workflows are effective in their region, and that we have adequate staffing in the right places at the right times.
- Collaborates with our Analyst in SF to monitor their region's performance against team goals, with a particular eye for areas for improvement.
- Collaborates with local management and other regional Operations Leads to co-pilot global iniatives for the CE Team.
- You've got some project management skills and can get a complex project done on a timeline with multiple stakeholders.
- You love to fix things when they break, and you're thrilled at the opportunity to use automation and tooling to solve anticipated problems.
- You have had experience working on a support team in some capacity, and possess a deep desire to help your teammates and Slack's customers.
- You come with exceptional English written and oral communication skills and can interact comfortably with management and leadership.
- You have a knack for solving problems and enjoy collaborating with others to do so.
- You enjoy diving into data and can tell a story or answer questions with metrics.
- You exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through tough problems with your team and management.
- You're a self-learner who happily dives into new and complex technical tools to figure them out on your own, and can teach what you learn to others.
- You're comfortable selecting, installing, and launching new tools and systems to teams.
- You have a post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience.
- You can work with us in our brand new Toronto office!
Bonus points if:
- You have worked as a Zendesk or other customer service software admin before, and know how to manage complex support tools.
- You've done chat or phone support in the past, or supported teams who have.
- You've got some PHP or other coding skills up your sleeve.
Back to top