Customer Experience Manager
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide them with the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
As a Customer Experience Manager for Slack, your goal is to make our customers successful and to inspire your team to go the distance to delight them. This role requires strong leadership, time-management, and communication skills. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping Slack’s customers happy and productive, you will have a team of talented individuals looking for your guidance to help them reach their goals and grow in their careers. You will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being. Your exemplary character, passion, and understanding of what it takes to provide customers with the best experience possible will allow you to encourage positive interactions with our users and inspire your team. You will implement solutions to inefficient processes and workflows, and contribute to meeting organizational goals. You will assist in interviewing, training and onboarding of new hires and serve as a point of contact for any issues affecting your team.
- You will be leading a passionate team of Customer Experience Agents. It’s up to you to ensure our customers receive phenomenal support from that team.
- You will support the personal and professional growth of everyone on your team.
- You will inspire confidence by setting direction, displaying integrity, and moving toward team goals.
- You will lead by example by providing unrivaled, near superhuman customer support.
- Work with your team to discuss, plan, and implement process improvements that drive positive customer outcomes.
- Solid leadership experience and an understanding of the dynamics involved in team leadership.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team — you feel fulfilled when they are reaching their fullest potential.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- Prior experience doing customer support for a web application and you know how to do it well — you know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making a customer happy.
- You have an understanding of the web and how it works. You're not necessarily writing and deploying your own JQuery-based, CSS-heavy responsive sites, but you're also not intimidated by the technology.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- College degree or equivalent professional experience.
Back to top