Slack is looking for an experienced Compensation Manager to join our growing People team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, like to build and scale programs and processes, and work with smart and nice people -- Read on!
- Lead compensation projects from design through execution, including modeling, project planning, communicating, and training
- Consult with Leadership, People Partners and Recruiters to make compensation recommendations and resolve compensation issues using a data-driven approach
- Analyze market data to assess competitiveness on cash, incentive, and equity
- Create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data
- Empower Leaders and People Partners with People data to help drive People decisions
- Seek opportunities for process improvements through automation or integration of systems
- 5+ years of compensation experience with in-depth knowledge of compensation best practices
- You are analytical and you pay attention to the details while still seeing the bigger picture. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is doing it right the first time. You are focused and nothing is going to fall through the cracks on your watch.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily and you don’t give up. If you don’t know the answer, you will keep working at it until you figure it out.
- You communicate clearly and write well. You can explain anything to anyone particularly around compensation and People data.
- You like learning new things and you can learn quickly. When things change, you can roll with it.
- You like emojis
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field is preferred
- Experience with statistics
- Experience with Workday is a plus
Does this describe you? Reach out to us and let’s chat!
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Director, Application Engineering
Joann is responsible for running a team of eight Slack Application Engineers. She works hard to support them in their positions and career trajectories and ensures that they have everything they need to build awesome products.
Back to top