Client Platform Engineer
Join us at Slack! The IT Operations team is seeking a good technical player with an accomplished background in Client Systems Automation, Administration, and Management. The Client Platform Engineer will design, implement, and carry out endpoint compliance in our globally distributed and diverse environment. You will have experience as both an accomplished technical engineer and principal architect of endpoint management services. Our environment is a mix of Windows, Mac and Linux systems. Slack counts on our IT Operations team to provide availability, scalability and security on our portfolio of offerings. You'll not only be tasked with curating and deploying a “It Just Works” endpoint management program, but to mentor others along their journey as well.
- Manage and administer a mixed platform environment (Mac OS X, Linux, Chrome OS, & Windows).
- Maintain and implement client configuration and security compliance standards.
- Maintain the day to day operations of our MDM solutions including application deployment and settings distribution.
- Develop and manage client administration tools/processes.
- Streamline, implement, and iterate on imaging solutions across Operating System platforms.
- Administer enterprise software including deployment and package management.
- Administer client system management tools (i.e. Chef, Patching, Encryption, & Backup).
- Write scripts / cookbooks that automate application and settings distribution using internal tools.
- Identify internal process and automation improvements and deploy scalable technical solutions.
- Work proficiently with minimal daily guidance and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to design and iterate on our endpoint management solutions and strategies.
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
- You have several years of experience deploying and supporting endpoints in a mixed enterprise environment (Mac OS, Windows, Chrome OS, & Linux).
- You have several years of experience working with open source products such as Munki, Chef or DeployStudio in an enterprise environment.
- You have several years experience with endpoint scripting in Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, etc.
- You have experience with operating and scaling environments within AWS.
- You have the ability to gracefully react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice, providing clear documentation and follow-through.
- You have the ability to balance contending priorities and work alone or within a team equally well.
- You have excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- You have solid attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have great people and communication skills and are driven to solve people's problems.
- Experience with Deploy Studio or similar PXE based imaging tools.
- Experience with JAMF
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top