Business Development Director
We’re looking for a seasoned alliances leader to expand the Japan partner ecosystem and lead a team of talented individuals. You will have deep, relevant experience building partner programs and managing/growing teams. Reporting to the Global Head of Alliances and Channels in the US, you will also be a member of the Slack Japan leadership team, and will be responsible for building upon the existing partner program foundation to establish a partner strategy with a rolling 2 year horizon. This is a building role and will require equal amounts strategy development, tactical execution and talent management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and evolve the Japan partner ecosystem strategy with a rolling 2 year horizon.
- Inform, build and scale SI, ISV and reseller partner programs
- Ensure that partners are a core part of the GTM strategy for Slack Japan
- Be a player coach where required, with the potential need to own key strategic partner relationships
- Hold a team quota for partner recruitment, sourced and influenced ACV and partner success.
- Work closely with success services, sales, product, developer relations, and other colleagues to grow the local ecosystem and drive Enterprise Customer Success
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, program requirements and partner feedback to cross-functional team to inform partner programs and product roadmaps.
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners - make Slack a favored company with which to partner
What you should have:
- 10+ years of experience managing and building partner programs for Enterprise B2B SaaS companies
- 15+ years overall work experience
- 5+ years people management experience with a proven track record of talent development
- Previous direct sales experience at Enterprise SaaS company preferred
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Great track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of partner integrations
- Experience in enabling sales organizations to leverage partners
- Experience working with partner programs in their infancy
- Executive presence in working with senior leadership within Slack and within partner organizations
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
Back to top