Build and Release Engineer
Slack is looking for an engineer to join our Build and Release team, which is responsible for the tools and infrastructure that keep our Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone apps (yes, all of them!) building reliably and releasing frequently.
As a special unit within Slack's technical operations team, Build and Release engineering makes heavy use of continuous integration and configuration management tools to produce reliable, scalable infrastructure and enable the engineering teams building all of these applications to deliver feature after feature with confidence.
You should have at least a passing familiarity with all of the target platforms but experience authoring or building software on each one is not expected. Instead, you should possess the ability to research and experiment efficiently, a tendency to automate, and a desire to make their fellow engineers more productive.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the configuration of Linux, Mac, and Windows build infrastructure
- Automating the installation and upkeep of build tools and dependencies
- Designing and maintaining automated release channels
- Improving the reliability and performance of test and build processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
These things are not required but are certainly pluses:
- Experience with configuration management tools, especially Chef
- Experience with CI tools, especially Jenkins
- Experience with Visual Studio and Xcode
Meet Some of Slack's Employees
Sr. Customer Success Manager
Gina works with Slack’s clients at a high level to ensure that they’re getting the most value from the product and having a positive experience overall.
Back to top