- Los Angeles, CA
Over a century after the Wright Brothers changed the course of aviation at Kitty Hawk, we are working to open up the skies to the masses. By combining technology and human ingenuity, we want to usher in the next great era of transportation.
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
As a system engineer, your role will be to design and implement the automated flight management and dispatch system that will be used for future urban air mobility service. You will be involving all the stages of development from system architecture and implementation of safety-critical software to verification and validation in the integrated simulation and small-scale test flight operations. The work in the team focuses on three aspects: route structure, flight tracking, and flight operations. You must be an expert in at least one of these areas: air traffic management, system model and simulation, and optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited university in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, data analytics, operations research,
- 4+ years of experience in logistics & transportation planning, air traffic management, system design & analysis, or modelling & simulation
- Strong analytical and programming background
- Deep understanding of aircraft or rotorcraft performance
- Deep understanding of flight management system and air traffic control system
- Master’s or Doctoral degree from an accredited university in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, data analytics, operations research
- Hands-on experience in motion/path/trajectory planning
- Hands-on experience of solving large-scale optimization problems
- Hands-on experience in data management, data analysis, and data visualization skills
- Hands-on experience of bug-free production-quality code generation
- Hands-on experience of air transportation system modeling and simulation
- Knowledge of urban air mobility and autonomous vehicle
- Understanding of arts and human factors in safety critical system design
- Private pilot experience
Reporting: This position reports to Director of Flight Network Technology
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
- Daily a la carte catered lunches delivered right to the hangar
- Delicious coffee, Philz and Peet’s
- Snack-crammed kitchen
- On-site gym
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Back to top