Over a century after the Wright Brothers changed the course of aviation at Kitty Hawk, we are working to open up the skies to the masses. By combining technology and human ingenuity, we want to usher in the next great era of transportation.
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
As perception engineer, you will be setting the technical direction for the people architecting and implementing all systems related to determining the aircraft and environment’s state. You are responsible for sensor selection to stochastic determination.
- Masters or PhD degree in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following: Robotics, 3D perception, sensor processing, localization, mapping
- Ability to lead teams that have produced algorithms for complex dynamic systems
- Experience in Traffic and obstacle detection -- ADSB, Radar, other
- Experience architecting and designing complete Perception platforms.
- Knowledge in Localization -- beyond GPS, including SLAM style and navaids
- Experience producing certifiable safety-critical code
- Ability to create new teams and develop new capabilities within a startup
- A player/coach who can fluidly change gears from creating alignment around your technical vision to executing with the teams responsible for embedded products
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
- Daily a la carte catered lunches delivered right to the hangar
- Delicious coffee, Philz and Peet’s
- Snack-crammed kitchen
- On-site gym
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Back to top