Greater Los Angeles Area
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
To support Skyryse missions, any systems, components, software or technology must be developed with most rigorous processes to ensure they are certifiable by regulatory agencies and mostly they are safe to operate. High rigors do not mean non-value added cost, paperwork or aftermath documentations. In this role, you are empowered to change that perception and oversee the technology development from the angle of certifications. You will lead the development of certiable flight automation technologies and cost-efficient processes for the new Urban Commercial Aviation industry. You will work with the FAA directly to certify our most advanced flight control system. You will influence and coach the entire company to better understand certification processes.
- Architect and develop certifiable flight automation technology and efficient systems engineering processes
- Develop and maintain the certification plans
- Manage the certification progress internally and externally; Ensure certification artifact delivered on time
- Act as certifications submittal liaison with FAA
- Advocate and train the Skyryse teams to follow and contribute to the processes
- Bachelor's degree in any engineering discipline
- 5+ years experience of aircraft certification process
- Knowledge in FAR Part 23/25/27/29, ARP 4761/4754A, DO-178/254/160 and other aerospace regulations/processes/standard
- Experience with aircraft TC/STC certification
- Understanding of aircraft/vehicle quality assurance and management principles and processes
- Excellent communication/coaching skills
- Great attitude to improve processes to serve people
- Write review and approve system and aircraft level requirements
- Conduct multi-disciplinary design reviews including PDR, CDR through different phases of development through to production readiness and certification
- Experience developing, writing, and reviewing certification documentation such as Issue Papers, Certification Plans, Design Compliance Reports, etc.
- Self starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision to influence organization
- Masters or PhD degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering discipline
- 10+ years experience of STC/TC certification project or FAA ACO working experience
- Previous, active or application pending FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER)
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.