SkyRyse is building the world's first autonomous air transportation system. Are you a curious engineer looking to fundamentally change the way we move? Transporting people safely and reliably through the air is an ambitious goal, and we need your help to achieve it! We are venture backed and based in Hayward.
Flight Controls Team
As part of the flight controls team, you are responsible for enabling our aircraft to achieve safe and autonomous flight at all times.
You will utilize both classical and modern controller design techniques to ensure the vehicle's safety throughout its entire flight envelope and under various weather conditions. Your responsibilities extend to the development and utilization of advanced software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop simulations for verification and testing. Finally, you will prove the robustness and performance of the developed control algorithms by supporting and participating in flight tests.
You will work alongside the vehicle autonomy, sensor/data fusion, and avionics teams, contributing your expertise in control theory, aircraft dynamics, and flight testing.
- BS in Aerospace/Mechanical/CS/EE or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience building control systems involving: sensors, actuators, flight software, and PID control
- Strong fundamentals in aerospace and control theory
- Love to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Focus on rigorous testing to ensure reliability
- Strong interest in the future of transportation
Nice to Have:
- MS/PhD in Aerospace/Mechanical/CS/EE or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and using high-fidelity simulations
- Background in Embedded Systems, Computer Vision, AI, Path Planning, or Fluid Dynamics
SkyRyse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.