Director of Perception Engineering
Skyryse is on a mission to get people where they want to be quickly, affordably and safely. It’s the first tech-enhanced air mobility service to operate in the U.S. and was developed by some of the world’s foremost aerospace and mobility experts from Airbus, Boeing, SpaceX, Tesla, and the military. Skyryse’s Flight Stack automates flight and is designed to achieve unmatched safety by eliminating opportunities for manual error especially in emergency situations. It features an enhanced communication system and a network of smart helipads to make urban flight mainstream. The Flight Stack is compatible with any FAA-approved vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft. Skyryse is headquartered in Hawthorne, California.
Why this role is mission critical
As the Director of perception engineering, you will be setting the technical direction for the people architecting and implementing all systems related to determining the aircraft and environment’s state. You are responsible for sensor selection to stochastic determination.
- Masters or PhD degree in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following: Robotics, 3D perception, sensor processing, localization, mapping
- Ability to lead teams that have produced algorithms for complex dynamic systems
- Experience in Traffic and obstacle detection -- ADSB, Radar, other
- Experience architecting and designing complete Perception platforms.
- Knowledge in Localization -- beyond GPS, including SLAM style and navaids
- Experience producing certifiable safety-critical code
- Ability to create new teams and develop new capabilities within a startup
- A player/coach who can fluidly change gears from creating alignment around your technical vision to executing with the teams responsible for embedded products
Benefits & perks: Join us in our brand new office, own part of the business as an equity holder, and have 100% of your employee insurance premiums covered.
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Back to top