Aircraft Integration Engineer
- Los Angeles, CA
Over a century after the Wright Brothers changed the course of aviation at Kitty Hawk, we are working to open up the skies to the masses. By combining technology and human ingenuity, we want to usher in the next great era of transportation.
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
The aircraft integration becomes the last gate to guard the safety of flight for those most complex and advanced flight control and automation systems. In this role, the aircraft airworthiness status is at your hand. You will be facing many challenges in highly complicated situation, including but not limited to Aircraft on Ground (AoG) emergencies, and resolve the most complex engineering problems in a timely manner. You will also interface with internal and external teams and coordinate/lead them to meet our business objectives. You will also directly support FAA conformity inspection and other major certification milestones.
- Integrate and qualify the aircraft and various mechanical/electrical/avionics systems installations and modifications to be flightworthy for developmental flight/ground test, FAA TIA (Type Inspection Authorization), First Flight (FF), Certification Ground/Flight test
- Manage the aircraft configurations AS-Designed, As-Installed, As-Operated at any time
- Design, select and integrate various types of flight instrumentation systems, ground systems and off-board systems with aircraft systems.
- Develop/maintain aircraft ground levels of verification cases, procedures and report
- Bachelor degree in any engineering discipline
- 5+ years hands on experience of any rotorcraft or fixed wing aircraft modifications, systems integrations or V&V activities
- In-depth understanding of one or many of the following systems: primary flight control systems, mechanical systems, air/inertial/position/other navigation sensors systems, electrical systems, electrical wiring systems, avionics systems
- Excellent understanding of 14CFR part 21, 23, 27 Regulatory Requirements, Advisory Circular and policies
- Can-do attitude to build something from ground zero
- Small engineering/technical team management experience
- Proficient in one or more configuration management and problem tracking tools, such as JIRA, Git/GitLab, Confluence, etc.
- Masters or PhD degree in one of the following disciplines: system engineering, mechanical, aerospace, EE, physics, software engineering discipline
- 10+ years hands on experience of advanced flight control systems, Electrical Motor Actuation systems or other safety critical systems integration and verification
- Experience with conforming aircraft for Ground Test. Flight Test, Lab. Test
- Extensive experience of automating aircraft level verifications using dSpace or other similar software platform
- Large scale project management experience and suppliers technical management
- Familiar with ARP4754A, DO-178(), DO-254 and DO-160 development processes and objectives
This position reports to the Director of Integration and Certification
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
- Daily a la carte catered lunches delivered right to the hangar
- Delicious coffee, Philz and Peet’s
- Snack-crammed kitchen
- On-site gym
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Back to top