SkyePoint Decisions is a leading Cybersecurity Architecture and Engineering, Critical Infrastructure and Operations, and Applications Development and Maintenance IT service provider headquartered in Dulles, Virginia with operations across the U.S. We provide innovative enterprise-wide solutions as well as targeted services addressing the complex challenges faced by our federal government clients. Our focus is on enabling our clients to deliver their mission most efficiently and effectively – anytime, anywhere, securely. We combine technical expertise, mission awareness, and an empowered workforce to produce meaningful results.
SkyePoint Decisions, Inc. (SkyePoint) is seeking a Sr. Proposal Manager with the ability to lead remote and hybrid teams on highly collaborative Federal Government contract pursuits, influence and develop fully-compliant and compelling proposal content, and produce proposal documents of winning quality. The Proposal Manager will be instrumental in SkyePoint’s strategic objectives primarily in the Department of Defense market, but some Fed/Civ pursuits as well. As an emerging mid market business, SkyePoint offers an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic professionals to contribute to corporate growth while expanding capabilities and skills. This position supports the DOD Capture Lead for SkyePoint and SNR Government IT Services, a SkyePoint company.
Position Details and Responsibilities
SkyePoint Decisions is seeking a Sr. Proposal Manager to manage all aspects of proposal development (proposal writing, editing, illustration, production efforts, etc.) from assignment and receipt of RFx's, through delivery and receipt by the customer.
We are a small company but growing. We need someone who can be a proactive team player who is customer focused and a good communicator. The ability to interact with all levels in the company will be important to this person's success.
Location: This person can work remotely but prefer they reside in the DMV area to attend any mandatory meetings.
- Identify and secure the resources necessary to develop the proposal
- Analyze RFx’s in conjunction with other customer requirements and communications, and determine final document(s) structure
- Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance matrix for assigned pursuits
- Manage schedule and tasks through our Asana task management system (training will be provided)
- Coordinate and lead major project meeting events, such as kick-off meetings, strategy meetings, status/standup calls, graphics conceptualization, color team reviews, etc.
- Coordinate schedules and meetings, communicate with participants, and prepare necessary materials
- Lead effective storyboarding and development of strategic win themes, strengths, and discriminators
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and subcontractors
- Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the project timeline
- Support and ensure proposal center processes are followed, standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted in accordance with established guidelines
- Manage the collection and editing of proposal materials to ensure compliance
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, as appropriate
- Monitor and update plans, documents, and materials in accordance with all amendments and modifications to the solicitation
- Continue to develop and maintain past performance repositories, technical content repositories, and other collateral information archives
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in government contracting; sufficient proposal management experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ year track record of winning proposal efforts
- Proficiency with MS Office business applications
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Must have proven proposal leadership skills, with the ability to build a strong team, effectively resolve conflict, and vector appropriate resources to maximize proposal development
- Must have experience in keeping a team focused and moving toward developing a compliant, compelling, competitive, and winning proposal
- Must be able to work with little direction and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends when required
- Training in the Shipley method, or other industry proposal standards, is preferred
- APMP Foundation certification preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Asana, and OneDrive/SharePoint a plus
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
What We Can Offer You -
- At SkyePoint, we go B.I.G. (beginning in GRATITUDE) by recognizing all we have and giving back to our employees, families, and communities. It instills a positive mindset that permeates all we do. By beginning in gratitude, SkyePoint can continue to spread living in gratitude each day.
- Great Benefits: Several insurance options including HMO and High Deductible plans with Health Savings Accounts [HSAs], Flex Spending Accounts [FSAs], Full Dental Plans, ST/LT Disability, Life Insurance, floating federal holiday options, and 401k matched
- Certificate Incentive Program: To promote professional development, we recognize and reward employees who obtain new certifications aligned with business needs.
- SkyePoint DoD SkillBridge Industry Partner Fellowship Program
- Flexible Work Environment
SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified small business and appraised at CMMI Level 3 (with SAM) for Services. We possess a common vision of excellence and foster a collaborative team culture built upon individual performance and accountability. We invest in our people and systems to create value for our clients. It is the SkyePoint Way. We are grateful for the opportunity to work with exceptional people and give back to the communities we serve. Our employees value the flexibility at SkyePoint that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
Skyepoint Decisions is a participating E-Verify Employer.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.