Process Improvement Specialist
- Atlanta, GA
SkyePoint Decisions is seeking a highly motivated, team player to fill the role of Process Improvement Specialist to join our team and provide consulting services on a project that supports a U.S. Federal Agency’s data warehouse. This project serves as the Central Data Repository (Warehouse) and reporting portal for the agency’s contact center. This position is in Atlanta, GA, but provides support for Atlanta, GA and New Carrolton, MD based teams. The New Carrollton Team is comprised of SQL/ASP/.Net programmers who support and maintain the data repository site for telephone service data which allows clients to track their level of customer service and telephone statistics. The Atlanta Team performs operations support, web and database development.
Web applications are developed per client’s request. Telephone data is collected daily from multiple data sources with a variety of data types. The warehouse contains approximately five terabytes of data and collects approximately 30 gigabytes of data each week. The project is currently operating at Configuration Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) Level 3.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for improving and implementing existing processes for the software development team in traditional waterfall methodology. Responsibilities include documenting all current processes into a legible and “trainable to others” format and improving current processes and flows while documenting all changes. Excellent time management and organizational skills are critical requirements.
- Assist software development teams to help them learn, adopt and leverage software process improvement methods, tools and activities for Waterfall methods initially and Agile methods once Agile has been implemented.
- Facilitate adoption of approved processes, tools and resources.
- Manage project timelines and facilitate quality / process improvement meetings.
- Produce change management plans and resources that rollout new best practices and help project teams successfully adopt them.
- Evaluate and report-out on progress against business drivers and related metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration or education. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years program development or process analyst experience. An additional 2 years of experience in medium to large enterprise operations with quality assurance processes may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, Word, Excel, Power Point and Project
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to clearly communicate (both verbally and written).
- Strong critical thinking, operations and systems analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Consultative approach and work ethic should be described by the following:
- Proactive, capable of making and meeting commitments, and the ability to execute with unwavering commitment to quality.
- Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks/initiatives with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and assimilate information quickly.
- Committed to learning the customer’s business to ensure that the work products developed supports their mission.
- Provide the customer with effective and efficient solutions, not merely stating problems.
- Ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013 certified small business headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, with local offices across the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. SkyePoint Decisions has grown into a successful federal contractor by combining industry best practices with innovative solutions that consistently meet or exceed customer requirements. We understand and integrate our customers’ technology and mission requirements to successfully deliver high quality, cost effective services on time and on budget.
SkyePoint Decisions empowers a secure dynamic workforce. We leverage our technical competencies (cybersecurity, cloud services, application development, messaging, system & network optimization and more) to provide our customers’ operating environments with the security, flexibility, availability, and operational continuity required to enable today’s on-the-go federal workforce to securely complete any mission.
SkyePoint Decisions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top